Join our fight for the self-sufficiency of every low-income New Yorker!
At United Way of New York City, we live united to ensure no New Yorker is ever one paycheck away from hunger and homelessness. To create a city in which children and families can dare to dream and build a future for themselves—to progress from surviving to thriving. .
What your dollar can do today
- A gift of $250 Financially empowers two (2) families to take steps toward self-sufficiency through financial aid and tax prep services.
- A gift of $500 Helps 25 children and their families get one year's worth of the books and tools they need to foster and grow a love of reading together.
- A gift of $1,000 Supports 10 students with an engaging, digital literacy tutoring program for one year.
- A gift of $2,500 Provides four (4) students with dedicated personal literacy tutoring—helping them meet critical reading benchmarks.
- A gift of $5,000 Empowers five (5) parents with access to critical supports, including social workers, workshops, counseling, and referrals to essential benefits.
Your gift in any amount helps families across NYC—thank you!