Young Leaders Council Fund
Thank you for your interest in the Young Leaders Council (YLC). A contribution to the YLC Fund goes directly to support United Way of New York City’s efforts to improve the education, income stability and health of vulnerable New Yorkers.
- A gift of $100 can deliver 91 pounds of fresh, locally grown produce to a food pantry through United Way’s Local Produce Link initiative. A lifetime of well-being starts with healthy, nutritious food.
- A gift of $500 can foster a child’s early literacy development at home by teaching parents about early childhood development and providing resources like children’s books, literacy kits, and reading guides.
- A gift of $1,000 can provide free tax prep for 33 families at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance site, where working poor families get help in accessing the Earned Income Tax Credit. At a cost of $33 per client, this service results in an average of $1,300 in refunds for a low-income family – money they can use to pay down debts or invest in their personal goals.”
YLC Members enjoy exclusive benefits depending on membership level. Benefits include but aren’t limited to:
- Fun social opportunities with savvy young philanthropists
- Invitations to exclusive events that feature prominent local leaders
- On-the-ground volunteerism that promotes long-term community change
- Illuminating panel discussions and briefings on contemporary social issues
Donations made to United Way of New York City are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Please consult our Gift Acceptance Policy for information about our policies and guidelines.