Young Leaders Council Fund
Thank you for your interest in the Young Leaders Council (YLC). A contribution to the YLC Fund goes directly to support United Way of New York City’s efforts to improve the education, income stability and health of vulnerable New Yorkers.
- A gift of $100 can deliver 91 pounds of fresh, locally grown produce to a food pantry through United Way’s Local Produce Link initiative. A lifetime of well-being starts with healthy, nutritious food.
- A gift of $500 can foster a child’s early literacy development at home by teaching parents about early childhood development and providing resources like children’s books, literacy kits, and reading guides.
- A gift of $1,000 can provide free tax prep for 33 families at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance site, where working poor families get help in accessing the Earned Income Tax Credit. At a cost of $33 per client, this service results in an average of $1,300 in refunds for a low-income family – money they can use to pay down debts or invest in their personal goals.”
YLC Members enjoy exclusive benefits depending on membership level. Benefits include but aren’t limited to:
- Fun social opportunities with savvy young philanthropists
- Invitations to exclusive events that feature prominent local leaders
- On-the-ground volunteerism that promotes long-term community change
- Illuminating panel discussions and briefings on contemporary social issues